SilverStripe Advertisement Management module
A simple module to manage advertisements on pages.
Page: extensions: - AdvertisementExtension SiteConfig: extensions: - AdvertisementExtension
to your project's configuration yml file.
Note that ads are inherited hierarchically, so setting ads on the Site Config will mean those ads are used across all pages unless specified for a content tree otherwise.
- Navigate to the "Ads" section
- Create some Advertisements
- If you want to group the ads in a collection, create an Ad Campaign. These in turn can be associated with a client.
- On the Advertisements tab of a page (or Site Config), you can select the individual ads (or campaign) to be displayed.
In your page template, use the AdList collection to actually list out the Ads to be displayed. Use the "Me" or "SetRatioSize" helpers to output an image linked as needed for proper click tracking.
<% loop SiteConfig.AdList %>$Me $SetRatioSize(120,80)
<% end_loop %>
You can have complete control over how things are output by referring to the ad's Image and Link accessors. Be aware that if you're going to manually output the link, to include a special attribute used if tracking ad views (eg Advertisement::$use_js_tracking = true). So, output something like
<a href="$Link" class="adlink" adid="$ID"><img src="$Image.Link" /></a>
- Reference an ad directly from a template via
Check the Advertisement class for more.
Add extension method and include for doing a rotating ad banner across all pages. You can do these manually for now via Page_Controller if you want. Just select all Ads and iterate the collection