An alternative for providing blog-like functionality, following the direction of Reddit/Twitter/Facebook, but also allowing forum-like structures.
For full instructions, please see docs/en/index.md - or
composer require silverstripe/microblog
A summary of features
- Markdown parsing of content
- Auto-inspection of URLs for OpenGraph / OEmbed ability
- Drag/drop file upload
- @mentions of users
- Threaded replies
- Edit posts in-place
- Can be used for comment/discussion threads on individual pages.
- Notifications (with the silverstripe-australia/notifications module installed)
- Can be configured to resemble a forum, or left as a twitter / facebook style feed of posts
- Create isolated blogs using the MicroBlogPage that allows direct configuring of how posts will appear / can be interacted with
- /timeline provides a site-wide twitter-like stream of posts