This is the source code to the devMode.fm website, which is the home for the devMode.fm podcast. It's MIT licensed, so you can do what you like with it, providing the copyright notice & license stay intact.
Pull Requests are welcome, and Issues are welcome as well.
The project is based on Craft CMS using a unique
templates/_boilerplate system for web/AJAX/AMP pages, and implements a number of technologies/techniques:
- webpack is used for the build system as per An Annotated webpack 4 Config for Frontend Web Development
- VueJS is used for some of the interactive bits on the website as per
- Tailwind CSS for the site-wide CSS
- JSON-LD structured data as per Annotated JSON-LD Structured Data Examples
- Google AMP versions of the podcast episode and other pages
- Implements a Service Worker via Google's Workbox as per Service Workers and Offline Browsing
- Critical CSS as per Implementing Critical CSS on your website
- Frontend error handling as per Handling Errors Gracefully in Craft CMS
- A custom site module as per Enhancing a Craft CMS 3 Website with a Custom Module
- CLI-based queue as per Robust queue job handling in Craft CMS
- FastCGI Static Cache as per Static Page Caching with Craft CMS
- Craft-Scripts as described in the Database & Asset Syncing Between Environments in Craft CMS, Mitigating Disaster via Website Backups & Hardening Craft CMS Permissions articles
...and probably a bunch of other stuff too.
The following Craft CMS plugins are used on this site:
- Disqus - for the Disqus comment handling, async loaded
- FastCGI Cache Bust - to bust the FastCGI cache whenever entries are modified
- iCalendar - for parsing the ICS calendar feed from Trello
- ImageOptimize - for the optimized images and
srcsets used on the site
- Minify - to minify the HTML and inline JS/CSS
- Retour - for setting up 404 redirects
- SEOmatic - for handling site-side SEO
- Transcoder - for transcoding the uploaded podcast audio into a format that's optimized for size & quality
- Twigpack - for loading webpack-generated
manifest.jsonresources in a modern way
- Typogrify - for smart quotes and other typographic ligatures
- Webperf - for monitoring web performance
You can read more about it in the Setting up a New Craft 3 CMS Project article.
cd /home/forge/devmode.fm git pull origin master composer install --no-interaction --prefer-dist --optimize-autoloader echo "" | sudo -S service php7.1-fpm reload
About Craft CMS
Craft is a content-first CMS that aims to make life enjoyable for developers and content managers alike. It is optimized for bespoke web and application development, offering developers a clean slate to build out exactly what they want, rather than wrestling with a theme.
Learn more about Craft at craftcms.com.
- Move to containerized builds in buddy.works & atomic deployments
- Move to Amazon S3 for assets, and utilize Cloudfront as well
- Convert local development over to Docker