How to Say: an awesome pronunciation guide
This is a pronunciation guide application for Android based on Forvo. The app provides word search and pronunciations for every word. Available in Android Market (search "How to Say" or "pname:ru.o2genum.howtosay").
How to get a working copy of the project:
- clone johannilsson/android-actionbar or use my fork
- clone commonsguy/cwac-endless or use my fork
- clone o2genum/forvo-java-api and see what do that project need to work (GSON and Apache Commons Codec)
- fork this project, if you need it
- clone this project (or your own fork)
- first two clones are library projects - add them as library projects
- third clone is a simple Java library - download its JAR and JARs it needs (see its README.md) into
cp src/o2genum/howtosay/ExampleSecret.java src/o2genum/howtosay/Secret.java, open, read and edit
Now you likely have everything I have in my project directory. Please, read Android Code Style Guidelines (yes, code must be beautiful) and feel free to join the development.
Project needs translations
Special thanks to:
- johannilsson/android-actionbar project for awesome action bar
- commonsguy/cwac-endless for endless list adapter
- Inkscape project (everything was drawn using that incredible SVG editor)
- Karsten Priegnitz for android-change-log
- Clker.com for B&W globe SVG that I shamelessly copy-pasted from that site
- Yay.se for home and search actionbar icons
- Alexander Boblak (Alex3n) for good tips
- Hakan, Pedro Coelho, Pavel Fric for translations
Also, this project uses my another project o2genum/forvo-java-api. Open its page to discover its dependencies.