"Cut up" a poem or essay, then drag and rearrange the pieces.
This app automates the common English/Language Arts teaching technique of cutting up a poem, essay, etc. into lines or paragraphs--then having the students sort them into a coherent order.
Cutup uses jQuery-UI for the draggable elements.
The Python web framework Flask takes the text input, parses it into individual lines or paragraphs, (cleans it up..though this needs improvement), and produces a randomized list.
- Friendly instructions on the submit page.
- Header and footer Jinja templates
- A "reshuffle" button
- Optional labels for 5-paragraph essays (Intro, Body1, ..., Conclusion)
- Persistent urls for submitted texts
- Flash animation
- Touchscreen support
- Make pretty--less washed out colors? Center text?