Contributors: kobenland Tags: black, blue, white, light, two-columns, left-sidebar, right-sidebar, flexible-width, custom-header, custom-background, threaded-comments, translation-ready, microformats, custom-menu, post-formats, sticky-posts Donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=542W6XT4PLT4L Requires at least: 3.3.0 Tested up to: 3.4.1 Stable tag: 1.8.2
A WordPress Theme based on Bootstrap, from Twitter
The Theme is 100% responsive - you do not need a seperate mobile-Theme with this layout. It has a seperate Sidebar just for image pages, to make it a special place to show your pictures! The Bootstrap is fully compatible with WordPress SEO by Yoast!
Due to design restrictions in Bootstrap, the navigation menu can only be two levels deep, while parent menu items only serves as a headline for the child menu items and can not be accessed over the navigation menu. The Footer Menu is best suitable for short menues with just a few links. It replaces the credits section, once a menu has been assigned to the location. It will hold only top level nav items. To take advantage of all the possibilites Bootstrap has to offer, Bootstrap requires jQuery 1.7, which does not come with WordPress versions prior to 3.3.0. Consider adding a plugin that provides the lates version of jQuery, if you want to use this Theme with a WordPress 3.2.1 or lower.
Unless otherwise specified, all the theme files, scripts and images are licensed under GNU General Public Licemse.
The exceptions to this license are as follows:
- Bootstrap by Twitter and the Glyphicon set are licensed under the GPL-compatible [http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Apache License v2.0]
- The script html5.js is licensed under MIT
- Respond.js: Copyright 2011: Scott Jehl, scottjehl.com. Dual licensed under the MIT or GPL Version 2 licenses.
- Twitter Icon: https://twitter.com/about/resources/logos
I will be more than happy to update the Theme with new locales, as soon as I receive them!
Currently available in:
- Download The Bootstrap.
- Unzip the folder into the
- Activate the Theme through the 'Appearance' menu in WordPress
For transparency and insight into my release cycle, and for striving to maintain backward compatibility, The Bootstrap - as all my WordPress APIs - will be maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines.
Releases will be numbered with the following format:
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major (and resets the minor and patch)
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor (and resets the patch)
- Bug fixes and misc changes bumps the patch
For more information on SemVer, please visit (http://semver.org/).