Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
We here provide a User Manual designed to explain the core functionality of OBI for newcomers, and to serve as a canonical reference for OBI developers. This is a work in progress, but we here provide a roadmap for the various functions that OBI is designed for.
This builds on information presented in the core OBI paper:
Bandrowski A, Brinkman R, Brochhausen M, Brush MH, Bug B, et al. (2016) The Ontology for Biomedical Investigations. PLOS ONE 11(4): e0154556. [doi]
- Core Class Definitions (basic formulation of the types found in the ontology - start here to begin modeling your domain)
- Extended Class Definitions (working models for specific subdomains and specializations of OBI beyond the core classes)
- Example Use Cases (how we describe specific use cases with OBI)
- Implementation and Development Notes (how we develop, extend and implement the ontology)
- Community (Description of the OBI development community. Who were are and what our goals are for this work)
- Publications and Presentations (presentations of existing work and , etc.)
All pages pertaining to these items are available from links in the sidebar (→), which means they're visible from every page in the wiki.