Release notes for Version 3.7 of OpenDDS
- Implements FACE Transport Services API v2.1, FACE safety base and
FACE safety extended profiles (Future Airborne Capability Environment).
- Implements DDS 1.4 and RTPS 2.2.
- Support allocations from memory pool in safety profile builds. Introduced
standard library containers and strings, as well as TAO sequences that
allocate from this pool.
- To support FACE TS, the IDL struct DDS::SampleInfo has a new field
"opendds_reserved_publication_seq" as an extension to the DDS specification.
- Updated opendds_idl for FACE support, moving some of the code-generation
from tao_idl to opendds_idl when targeting FACE TS.
- Support IDL fixed type inside of DCPS_DATA_TYPE (used with FACE TS).
- Type-specific DataWriterImpl and DataReaderImpl are now templates. Code
generation now introduces a typedef of these.
- Content filtering now supports modulus (MOD) operator as an extension.
- Added a static (configuration-based) discovery mechanism.
- RTPS Discovery is now supported when OpenDDS is built without built-in topics.
- RTPS Discovery has a new configuration parameter SedpLocalAddress which
configures the rtps_udp transport used internally by discovery in the same way
that local_address configures a user-created rtps_udp transport instance.
- Support non-default liveliness QOS in rtps_udp transport.
- Support wait_for_acknowledgements in rtps_udp transport.
- Support command line option -DCPSRTISerialization when integrating with RTI
DDS using RTPS, to account for a different serialization algorithm.
- Configure script handles some cross-compile builds and safety profile.
- Support for new Visual Studio compilers (vc11, vc12, and vc14).
- Support for clang builds on Mac OS X.
- Removed support for old GCC compilers (<= 3.3).
- opendds_idl command-line option -Gitl is a replacement for -Gws. Wireshark
dissector now reads ITL files, rather than .ini files.
- Fixed many tests for minimum profile builds.
- Enforced correct behavior of a reliable data writer when history QoS
is set to KEEP_LAST with depth=1.
- opendds_idl can now be specified in user_macros.GNU instead of always
assuming it is in $DDS_ROOT/bin (for -type gnuace builds).
- Fixed initial IPv6 support in windows builds.
- Fixed disassociate handling of local entities on loopback interface.
- Corrected wait_for_acknowedgements for non-reliable writers to return
- Allow disassociating readers to finish processing messages from active writer
- Remove TcpDataLink from DataLinkSet when connect() fails. Previously, the
datalink would remain and would be seen as a fully-connected datalink by new
- DCPSTransportDebugLevel 1 messages are now association-oriented.
- Fixed durable resend out-of-order handling for rtps_udp transport.
- Fixed handling of acknowledgements during shutdown of rtps_udp data link.
- RTPS Discovery now ignores 'RTPX' messages seen during RTI integration.
- Dissection of unions in wireshark dissector (requires ITL).
- Corrected reference counting scheme for Recorder and Replayer objects:
the reference-counted handle types changed from _rch to _var.
- OCI no longer builds with vc71, vc8, and GCC 4.1.1. If you require support
of these older platforms contact email@example.com.
- The project repository is now at https://github.com/objectcomputing/OpenDDS
Using the GitHub "releases" page
Download OpenDDS-3.7.zip (Windows) or OpenDDS-3.7.tar.gz (Linux/Solaris/MacOSX) instead of using the GitHub-generated "source code" links.