Quick Links for Contributing
- Compiling and building OBS Studio: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/Install-Instructions
- Our bug tracker: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues
- Discord Server: https://obsproject.com/discord
- Development chat: #development on the Discord server (see above)
- Development forum: https://obsproject.com/forum/list/general-development.21/
- Developer/API Documentation: https://obsproject.com/docs
- To contribute language translations, do not make pull requests. Instead, use crowdin. Read here for more information: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-contribute-translations-for-obs.16327/
- To add a new service to OBS Studio please see the service submission guidelines: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/Service-Submission-Guidelines
- OBS Studio uses kernel normal form (linux variant), for more information, please read here: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/Documentation/process/coding-style.rst
- Avoid trailing spaces. To view trailing spaces before making a commit, use "git diff" on your changes. If colors are enabled for git in the command prompt, it will show you any whitespace issues marked with red.
- Tabs for indentation, spaces for alignment. Tabs are treated as 8 columns wide.
- 80 columns max
OBS Studio uses the 50/72 standard for commits. 50 characters max for the title (excluding module prefix), an empty line, and then a full description of the commit, wrapped to 72 columns max. See this link for more information: http://chris.beams.io/posts/git-commit/
Make sure commit titles are always in present tense, and are not followed by punctuation.
Prefix each commit's titles with the module name, followed by a colon and a space (unless modifying a file in the base directory). After that, the first word should be capitalized.
So for example, if you are modifying the obs-ffmpeg plugin:
obs-ffmpeg: Fix bug with audio output
Or for libobs:
libobs: Fix source not displaying
Note: When modifying cmake modules, just prefix with "cmake".
If you still need examples, please view the commit history.
- Contributors to the OBS Project are expected to abide by the OBS Project Code of Conduct: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/blob/master/COC.rst