ocaml-version -- Manipulate, parse and generate OCaml compiler version strings
This library provides facilities to parse version numbers of the OCaml compiler, and enumerates the various official OCaml releases and configuration variants.
OCaml version numbers are of the form
major.minor.patch+extra, where the
extra fields are optional. This library offers the following
- Functions to parse and serialise OCaml compiler version numbers.
- Enumeration of official OCaml compiler version releases.
- Test compiler versions for a particular feature (e.g. the
- opam compiler switch enumeration.
Browse the API documentation for more details.
- Discussion: Post on https://discuss.ocaml.org/ with the
ocamltag under the Ecosystem category.
- Bugs: https://github.com/avsm/ocaml-version/issues
- Docs: http://docs.mirage.io/ocaml-version
Contributions are very welcome. Please see the overall TODO list below, or please get in touch with any particular comments you might have.
- Complete the architecture set from the officially supported compilers.
- Add more features to the opam variants list (such as
- Generate the core opam compiler package set purely from this library, so that it remains in sync with the library description.