Python library to privately & securely publish, exchange, and consume data.
With ocean.py, you can:
- Publish data services: downloadable files or compute-to-data. Create an ERC721 data NFT for each service, and ERC20 datatoken for access (1.0 datatokens to access).
- Sell datatokens via for a fixed price. Sell data NFTs.
- Transfer data NFTs & datatokens to another owner, and all other ERC721 & ERC20 actions using web3.py or Brownie.
ocean.py is part of the Ocean Protocol toolset.
This is in beta state. If you run into problems, please open up a new issue.
Follow these steps in sequence to ramp into Ocean.
- Install Ocean
- Set up locally
- Walk through main flow (local setup): publish asset, post for free / for sale, dispense it / buy it, and consume it
Now let's do remote flows:
- Set up remotely
- Walk through main flow (remote setup). Like step 3, but on wholly remote network
- Walk through C2D flow - tokenize & monetize AI algorithm via Compute-to-Data
- Predict-eth - data challenges with prize $$ to predict future ETH price
- Data Farming - curate data assets, earn rewards
- Search & filter data - find assets by tag
- Key-value database - use data NFTs to store arbitrary key-value pairs on-chain, following ERC725
- Profile NFTs - enable "login with Web3" where Dapp can access private user profile data
More types of data assets
Each of the following shows how to publish & consume a particular type of data.
- REST API - Example on Binance ETH price feed
- GraphQL - Example on Ocean Data NFTs
- On-chain data - Example on Ocean swap fees.
- Understand config parameters - envvars vs files
- Learn about off-chain services - Ocean Provider for data services, Aquarius metadata store
Copyright ((C)) 2022 Ocean Protocol Foundation Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.