Open Container Initiative (OCI) compliant images the declarative wayocibuilder - Build
What is the ocibuilder?
The ocibuilder offers a command line tool called the ocictl to build, push and pull OCI compliant images through declarative specifications, allowing you to pick between Buildah or Docker as the container build tool.
- Specify docker or buildah as a build tool.
- Define multiple builds in single build configuration.
- Ability to templatize build stages.
- Multi-stage build support
- Parameterize build configuration at runtime with environment variable support.
- Supports distroless to produce lean images.
- Supports ansible roles as build stage.
- Supports build contexts like Local Filesystem, Git, S3, Google Cloud Storage, Azure Storage Blob, Aliyun OSS
- All basic features like registry login, pulling and pushing images from/to multiple registries.
Binary downloads of the
ocictl are available on the Releases page.
Simply unpack the
ocictl tar and add it to your path
The latest images with Buildah and Docker pre-installed alongside the ocictl is available on our Dockerhub repository.
Read the full installation guide available in our docs.
To learn more about the ocibuilder and how to get started take a look at our quick start guide.
View our complete documentation.
The ocibuilder.yaml specification file with all fields available and examples is documented here.
Take a look at our roadmap and features in developement here
Please read the
CONTRIBUTING.md for contributing guidelines.
Apache License Version 2.0, see
Buildah Commands: https://github.com/containers/buildah