Octave.app Testing Script
This is a list of actions the maintainer needs to do to test a build of Octave.app.
- Make sure the existing /Applications/Octave-<version>.app is deleted.
- Double-click the Octave-<version>.dmg file to open it.
- Double-click the COPYING file; verify that it opens and is readable.
- Double-click the DEPENDENCIES file.
- Verify that it opens and is readable.
- Check the Octave version string at the top to make sure it makes sense.
- Drag the Octave icon to the Applications folder link in the DMG to install it.
Double-click /Applications/Octave-<version>.app to run it.
__run_test_suite__in the command window to run the full suite of unit tests. Check that they all pass.
- XFAIL: The tar test is failing as of June 2018; we think this is acceptable.
Run each of the following plotting commands, and see that their output looks reasonable. (E.g. visible, not half-size within the figure window, and so on.)
TODO: Come up with more tests.