Octokit - GitHub API Client Library for .NET
Octokit is a client library targeting .NET 4.5 and above that provides an easy way to interact with the GitHub API.
Get public info on a specific user.
var github = new GitHubClient(new ProductHeaderValue("MyAmazingApp")); var user = await github.User.Get("half-ogre"); Console.WriteLine(user.Followers + " folks love the half ogre!");
- .NET 4.5 (Desktop / Server)
- Xamarin.iOS / Xamarin.Android / Xamarin.Mac
- Mono 3.x
- Windows 8 / 8.1 Store Apps
Octokit is available on NuGet.
or an IObservable based GitHub API client library for .NET using Reactive Extensions
Unstable NuGet packages that track the master branch of this repository are available at https://ci.appveyor.com/nuget/octokit-net
In Xamarin Studio you can find this option under the project's context menu: Add | Add Packages...*.
Documentation is available at http://octokitnet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/.
Octokit is a single assembly designed to be easy to deploy anywhere. If you prefer to compile it yourself, you’ll need:
- Visual Studio 2015 or Xamarin Studio
- Windows 8.1 or higher to build and test the WinRT projects
To clone it locally click the "Clone in Desktop" button above or run the following git commands.
git clone email@example.com:octokit/Octokit.net.git Octokit cd Octokit .\build.cmd
Octokit is 100% certified to be bug free. If you find an issue with our certification, please visit the issue tracker and report the issue.
Please be kind and search to see if the issue is already logged before creating a new one. If you're pressed for time, log it anyways.
When creating an issue, clearly explain
- What you were trying to do.
- What you expected to happen.
- What actually happened.
- Steps to reproduce the problem.
Also include any other information you think is relevant to reproduce the problem.
- ScriptCs.OctoKit - a script pack to use Octokit in scriptcs
- ScriptCs.OctokitLibrary - a script library to use Octokit in scriptcs
Copyright and License
Copyright 2013 GitHub, Inc.
Licensed under the MIT License