Mission and Values
The ODK-X community produces free and open-source software for collecting, managing, and using data in resource-constrained environments.
We value open communities and open source.
- We work to build a global community where contributors of all backgrounds, talents, and skills can come together to create and use great software.
- We discuss, decide, and develop in the open, using publicly accessible tools and consensus-based processes.
- We share our work under permissive, non-restrictive licenses so that anyone can use, modify, build on, or distribute that work to solve their own problems.
We are user-focused and deployment-centric.
- We care deeply about users in resource-constrained environments, regardless of domain.
- We serve users with a wide range of technical ability and organizations with a wide range of technical capacity.
- We believe users should have ownership of their data and the flexibility to select suitable components from an ecosystem of complementary tools.
- We value an iterative design process and strive for simplicity, clarity, and robustness in the artifacts we create.