The version of wkhtmltopdf available in Debian/Ubuntu repositories does not support headers and footers (requires patched QT version), so it must be downloaded from the project's page.
0.12.0[.*]: not recommended, minimal supported version as of Odoo 8.
- Several known issues fixed in 0.12.1.
- Some rare crashes during layout of multi-page tables (workaround: play with margins and/or dpi settings: 96, 100, 110dpi). Appears to be fixed in 0.12.2, but this version has worse problems.
- Known exponential memory usage and file descriptors usage when rendering documents with many pages (500+). Workaround: increase fd limit with
ulimit, remove header/footers (internal layout). Experimental horrible patch: split the long table in smaller chunks and use
pyPdfto merge the pages.
- Debian: no official release of 0.12.1 for Debian. We've built one for Jessie here
0.12.2[.*]: not recommended.
--dpiparameter broken, causes ugly/broken layout (using
zoomcould be a partial workaround but requires complex ratio computations on win32 due to default dpi)
- fails to execute external JS file in header/footer (Supposedly fixed in 0.12.3)
0.12.3: not recommended. Known problems:
--dpiparameter still broken, see 0.12.2
0.12.4: not recommended. Was announced to include a fix for the
--dpibug (see 0.12.2) which is better than the
zoomworkaround, but apparently doesn't work on Linux. Some users report have tried to use option
--disable-smart-shrinkingbut it still does not give the exact same result as 0.12.1.
Broken on mac OS (fix coming in 0.12.5).
0.12.5-1: recommended for Odoo 10 and later.
--dpiparameter behaves differently than with 0.12.1. It is however possible to obtain the exact same rendering than with 0.12.1, at the same DPI level, by adding
--zoom 96/DPI. For example for the default 90 DPI, add
This workaround is now enabled by default in Odoo 10 and later
--disable-smart-shrinkingoption is not necessary and should not be used.
- Debian: there is an official build of 0.12.5-1 (see discussion on issue #14127 for older builds).
- The Odoo 11.0 Docker image is based on stretch and uses wkthmltopdf 0.12.5-1. Binary and libs are extracted in
- Known problems:
opacityCSS directive seems broken, can be emulated with RGBA value