Giving Feedback on the Spec
Anyone can provide open feedback on the spec by opening issues on the ODPi JIRA system. These issues are scrubbed by the ODPi Release Team and Release Manager on a weekly basis.
Submitting an ODPi JIRA ticket against the spec
If you haven't already, create a Linux Foundation account. Note the username and password you selected.
Login to the ODPi JIRA with the Linux Foundation username and password you selected above.
In the menubar, click 'Create'. The Create dialog will come up
The screen that comes up, you'll need to fill out the following items:
- Project: 'ODPi' ( should be the default option )
- Issue Type: Select 'Improvement' or 'Bug' as appropriate ( don't worry if you get this wrong )
- Summary: One line subject of the feedback or issue seen
- Description: Detailed explanation of the feedback or concerns seen with the spec.
Providing proposed changes to the spec
If you want to directly supply changes to the spec, you can couple your JIRA ticket with a Pull Request against the spec. To do this:
- Complete the CLA for your organization if you are contributing on behalf of one, or an individual CLA if not.
- Go to the spec repo, and select the spec you wish to provide an edit to.
- Make the changes in the GitHub editor.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will be instructed to make a commit to a forked copy on your GitHub account, with the intention of starting a pull request. Note that you should have the JIRA ticket number as the branch name or in the commit message so it will be automatically linked to the JIRA ticket.
- On the screen that follows, you can issue the pull request.