Sample script to Enamble Xcode integration
appledoc can be integrated with Xcode in many ways. Below is one of those to get you up and running quickly on Xcode 4.6
- Select top of your project in Project Navigator
- Click Add Target
- Depending on your project type (IOS or OS X) choose Aggregate Template
- Create new target. I suggest to call it Documentation
- Click on Build Phases and add new Build Phase based on Script
- Paste the script below into the script window
- Adjust variables in section "Start Constants" as required
- Uncomment correct 'target' for your project and comment out another one depending on your project type.
- Adjust path to appledoc binary and appledoc's command-line switches if required
- When you ready to generate a docset from your project, build Documentation target.
- Docset will be installed into new loction and will become available to Xcode immediately.
- To refresh Quick Help (ALT+Click) and (ALT+double-click) you may need to restart Xcode to refresh its index cache.
#appledoc Xcode script
company="ACME"; companyID="com.ACME"; companyURL="http://ACME.com"; target="iphoneos"; #target="macosx"; outputPath="~/help";