Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release has only very few user visible changes , but the whole code has been analyzed with Coverty and issues have been fixed. So there should be many fewer chances for rrdtool to crash from odd input.
- made rrd_fetch_cb_wrapper in RRDs more careful with its arguments
- many bugfixes to resolve issues identified Coverty scan
- fix build issues with libdbl
- take the ds step into account while caching data in rrd graph DEF statements
- never 'exit' from librrd (even when DEBUG is on)
- new command rrd list to show rrd files in a directory
- configurable log-level for rrdcached
- hungarian translation (hu.po)
- New Exported funtions: rrd_lcd, rrd_reduce_data, rrd_cf_conf and rrd_list
- rrd_list support for perl and python binding
- all new and much more complete python bindings working on both python 2.6+ and 3.3+
- extended documentation in rrdlib.pod
- librrd is now fully thread-safe. librrd_th is gone
- make lua bindings work with lua 5.1
- configure option to disable doc building --enable-docs=no
- new CDEF function SMIN: a,b,c,3,SMIN -> min(a,b,c)
- new CDEF function SMAX: a,b,c,3,SMAX -> max(a,b,c)
- new CDEF function STDEV: a,b,c,3,STDEV -> stdev(a,b,c)
- new CDEF function POW: a,b,POW -> a**b
- new CDEF function PERCENT: a,b,c,95,3,PERCENT -> find 95percentile of a,b,c
- re-introducted --showtime option on rrdxport
- be more careful in determining the locales idea of first day of the week
- lots of spelling fixes all around
a bunch of bugfixes for the 1.5 branch
- segfault on CDEF:x=
- Disable nagel algorithm as it is causing massive slowdown
- make vname nameing rules more liberal and more in line with 1.4
- Fix recursive directory creation in rrdcached on FREEBSD
- Fixed compilation when there's no sigwaitinfo
in anticipation of the first 1.6 release ...
- fix JSON output in xport with legend and gprint blocks
- fix parse_time mutex unlocking in the error case
- don't crash on invalid variable names in CDEF
- add mutex locking in rrdc_fetch
- fix buffer overflow in rrd_restore
- shorten test precision to 7 digits ...
- never exit from a library function
- buffer overflow in rrd_restore.c fixed #669
- parse floating point numbers according to C locale in rrdtool create
arguments, regardless of the systems locale setting.
- include missing rrd_rados.h into distribution archive
- make rrdtool work on ARM again
- make rrdtool test suit pass on 32bit OSs
- fix --grid-dash option regression in graph
- fix systemd support
- fix link dependency for libpng since we are using functions directly
- fix python module name
- fix rrdtool tune to accept U in minimum and maximum options
- rrd_parsetime now uses a mutex lock to become thread safe
- rrd_xport is now thread safe
- stop using MAX_PATH and make everything dynamic and make rrdtool work on
Gnu HURD ... thanks nirgal!
- new RPN operators: STEPWIDTH, NEWDAY, NEWWEEK, NEWMONTH and NEWWEEK
together they allow to draw graphs where a rate is converted back to
absolute numbers and accumulated over a period.
- parse numbers up to 40 characters long ..
- fix install rules for Python and Lua
- include missing VERSION and LICENSE file
- unlink before rename in rrd_create when running on WIN32
- automatic x-axis labels that work from 1s to 30y on a single chart
- librados integration
- new datasource types: DCOUNTER and DDERIVE (they work the same as the
original DS, except that they can deal with floatingpoint numbers).
- compile without graphics libraries: ./configure --disable-rrd_graph
- updated windows port (see WIN32-BUILD-TIPS.txt)
- single step RRAs for MIN,MAX,LAST are generated virtually from
an AVERAGE RRA
- ignore updates in the past with rrdtool update --skip-past-updates
- ignore a LINE when scaling a chart using the skipscale option
- detect 32bit timeoverflows
- massive performance boost for charts with more than 100 DEF line by
switching form a linear search to a HASH when searching for data
- improved cross compilation support
- .Net bindings
- allow rrdtool graph to silently skip non-existing source files using the
- restore from a pipe (rrdtool restore - y.rrd)
- in rrdtool create, row count and step can be defined in absolute time
- all new "create on steroids" can pull both data and configuration from
existing rrd files
- use rrdtool graph to chart arbitrary data via a callback function for data fetching
support is integrated in the perl bindings.
- re-written parser for rrdtool graph commands. It now follows a simple key
value pattern, compatible with the previous syntax.
- MEDIAN op for CDEF expressions
- DEPTH,INDEX,COPY,ROL ops for CDEF (as seen in PostScript)
- gradient AREA backgrounds
- no more locale magic while reading numeric data.