Oh Hey World is a location sharing platform allowing you to share your location with the people who matter. This is a version of an iOS app that is 80% done. We figured we'd let the broader travel community run with it, and create their own branded versions that run on top of Oh Hey World's location sharing platform. Designs for this app are located here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qo1iqhwn8dzlnyh/AACEeFp9kXqeNb-TiOy7FojCa?dl=0
What it needs still:
- Upgrade RestKit to latest version (https://github.com/RestKit/RestKit/wiki/Upgrading-from-v0.10.x-to-v0.20.0)
- Finish adding design assets or add your own design assets
- a hotel that wants to create their own branded arrival app
- a tour company wanting to give their customers a seamless arrival experience
- a travel startup who has their own content, that they want to display to users upon arrival or in a search scenario
- a travel startup wanting to capture data for various cities around the globe. for instance, I'd love to see an app that enables people to log wifi speeds for various cities.
- a travel concierge app for private groups (see this post)
- Visit Oh Hey World
- Sign up for a user account (FB recommended).
- Begin playing with the iOS app code (the ability to create an account is not included in the app currently)
Oh Hey World is built from the following open source components:
- Ruby on Rails - Our back end API is a Rails app. This is the iOS piece that connects to that API.
- That backend API is also open source: https://github.com/oh-hey-world/ohheyworld-platform
Copyright / License
Copyright 2013 Oh Hey World, Inc.
Licensed under the GNU General Public License Version 2.0 (or later); you may not use this work except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License in the LICENSE file, or at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
If you make improvements to this application, please share them with others.
- Fork the project on GitHub.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Commit with Git.
- Send the author a pull request.
If you add functionality to this application, create an alternative implementation, or build an application that is similar, please contact me and I’ll add a note to the README so that others can find your creation.