blaggart is an infinite graffiti wall. users can draw and chat (frolic) together in real time without having to refresh the browser window.
- install node and npm so they can be reached from $PATH.
- install sass so it can be reached from $PATH and then install compass
where sass can find it.
- git clone git://github.com/tuxjay/blaggart.git
- cd blaggart/src/blaggart
- make deps # fetches all dependencies and builds css from scss files
- node blaggart.js # run blaggart
settings can be modified by moving local.js.example to local.js and editing it.
- zooming out shrinking/enlarging existing pixels
- anonymous login
- setting nickname after registration
- like/dislike tiles
- save tiles
- anarchy option to turn on/off saved tile overlay.
- 2d game world
- background layer editing
- event triggers
- loading sprites from image files (animated gif/sprite map/multiple images)
- drawing sprites in browser
- enemy attack pattern programming
- update other players with edits as they happen
- offer of chromeframe for ie7 and below
- ability to pull down conversation chats into discussion.
- discussion messages are tiered with children/parent and up/down votes to give indication of worth.
- discussion can update in real time, with various ways to mark which post
is currently being read:
- draggable token
- keyboard selection
- mouse hover/click
- news world
- 2nd dimension is time. can submit links/text and/or images.
- tagged per category.
2011 october 26
- can zoom in and out without reloading the page.
- can move whilst zoomed out.
2011 august 29
- use mongoose 2.0 buffer support to store images as binary data.
- enable websockets in chrome 15+ now that socket.io 0.8 supports them.
2011 august 12
- work around socket.io websocket issues with chrome 14-15
- chrome 14-15 also lie about being able to turn off image interpolation.
- connect directly to nodejs port for socket.io data (faster!)
2011 august 11
- browser using cached image after returning to flushed image.
- losing watch on current tile on refresh/moving back to it.
2011 august 6
- moving around, without zooming :(
- detect chrome 13 lying about being able to turn off interpolation.
2011 august 1
- open id authentication.
2011 july 30
- does custom pixelated scale in browsers that force image interpolation.
- default view zoomed in times 8 gives the default tile size.
2011 july 28
- ie8 works.
- turquoise works.
2011 july 26
- sends broadcasts draw requests as received instead of splitting them into one broadcast per pixel.
- server buffers image during pixel creation instead of regenerating from canvas with every request.
- server removes images that haven't been used in a while from cache.
- fix displaying latest comments.
- ie8 live drawing.
- order chats chronologically but if scrolled to bottom then force scroll down on new chat.
- fix duplicate events and persistent disconnect indicator on reconnect.
2011 july 23
- store canvas and comments in mongo database
- style with compass.
- cache draw events in the client between server responses.
2011 july 19
- upgrade to node 0.4.x and all node packages to latest everything.
2011 july 19
- store image on server side canvas.
2010 nov 10
- live painting works.
2010 nov 9
- drawing interpolation.
2010 nov 7
- start of rewrite using nodejs to bring realtime everything.
2009 nov 10
2009 july 12
- robin - no more empty notes.
2009 june 23
- imported svn to git.
2008 december 23
- can add notes to the canvas (modern sexual feeling note handling).
2006 december 18
- robin starts adding a flash canvas to go with the DHTML one that draws divs to represent pixels.
2006 july 6
- first blaggart svn was created.
- php server-side.