I call this the "give me h, j, k and l back but don't screw around with much else" mapping. Most keys are in their colemak positions, few are in qwerty and only one is in neither.
Keys in qwerty position
- h, j, k, l - colemak h, n, e and i: movement.
- n - colemak k: next search result.
- N - colemak K: previous search result.
- i - colemak u: go to insert mode.
- I - colemak U: go to insert mode at begging of current line.
- u - colemak l: undo.
- U - colemak L: undo on current line.
- ctrl-j - colemak ctrl-n: enter.
Keys in neither qwerty nor colemak position.
- j - qwerty e: cursor to end of word.
- J - qwerty E: cursor before next non-whitespace word.
This is an unfortunate logistical necessity. All other keys are in colemak position.
cd git clone git://github.com/tuxjay/colemak .colemak
Add to .vimrc: source ~/.colemak/vimrc
Add to .zshrc: source ~/.colemak/zshrc
Add to .pentadactylrc/.vimperatorrc: source ~/.colemak/vimrc
Add to .muttrc: source ~/.colemak/muttrc
Add to .tmux.conf: source-file ~/.colemak/tmux
Remap less: lesskey ~/.colemak/less