- Install Node.js
- Install Grunt:
npm install -g grunt-cli
- Clone this repo (or a fork of it if you plan on contributing) and
- Install dependencies:
- Now try out the dev workflow.
- 👩🎨 Check out how Group Income will feel like by taking a look at the design files on Figma
We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards. We will be conformant with WCAG 2.0 Level AA and trying our best to reach Level AAA in some areas of the application.
- 📖 CONTRIBUTING.md (required reading to send a PR!)
- 📖 Getting Started — Modern frontend concepts & project overview
- 📖 Style Guide — Our development guidelines
- 📖 Information Flow - walkthrough of the logical layer
Some issues have bounties assigned to them.
- Anyone can post a bounty by donating to this project and letting us know which issue you'd like the bounty to be applied to.
- Non-contractors can receive bounties by submitting PRs for them. If we approve and merge the PR, you get the bounty!
- If there's an issue you'd like okTurtles to prioritize by posting a bounty to it, feel free to let us know via Slack!
Any open contractor positions are posted to: Open Positions
To get started with development, follow the steps in Getting Started first.
Run all servers + watch files for changes
- If all went well you should be able to visit http://localhost:3000
Create a tunnel to share access over the Internet:
grunt dev --tunnel
Build the app for distribution
Clean up files in
NOTE: You may need to first install Cypress using
# all tests grunt test # all tests while skipping build step grunt test --skipbuild # unit tests only (always skips build) grunt test:unit # show e2e tests (Cypress) live in a browser grunt test --browser # run e2e tests (Cypress) in "open" mode grunt test --browser=debug # Developing at the same time as writing E2E tests grunt dev # and in another terminal run Cypress in "open" mode npm run cy:open
Using Docker for extra security
You can run commands in a Docker container by using
npm run docker -- <cmd> instead.
npm run docker -- npm install npm run docker -- grunt dev npm run docker -- grunt test --skipbuild
For details, see:
Donations to the okTurtles Foundation support the development of Group Income and related projects.