Oleg E. Kertanov
Email: email@example.com Phone: +371 25864676 Location: Riga, LV
Seeking position as a software engineer, technical consultant
Professional skills and expertise
C/C++ - is my L1 language
- OOP, templates
- std library
- boost (asio, regex, shared pointers, spirit/qi)
- C++11 goodies (move semantic, initializers, lambdas)
- RAII, RTTI
Python - the good parts of it
- Classes, decorators, functional idioms, double underscore methods.
- I've wrote tons of JS code, have used hundreds of libraries.
- I'm embedding it since circa Y2000.
- Using my own C++ to Lua interop library and object system.
Lisp, Closure, Scheme
- I do like Lisps a lot, but i've never been using it commercially.
- I'll just place this here. See on your AppStore.
- That tricky one-liners, you know.
- That's my hobby.
Unix - I have more than 20 years of the experience
- GNU Linux/RT Linux, Debian, Ubuntu, RH
- Apple OS X/iOS
- Sun Solaris
- NT, 2000, XP, Seven, Eight
- CE/WinMobile/Windows Phone
- XEN PV/HVM
Technologies, API and foundations
- C++ stl, boost
- POSIX API
- Win32 API
- COM/DCOM, ATL/WTL, QT
- ffmpeg, libavcodec: h263, h264 codecs
- Google V8
- Google GAE
- REST, Ajax, jQuery, jQTouch
- backbone.js, underscore.js
- Ext JS, Sencha/Sencha Touch
- Cocoa/Cocoa Touch, Quartz Composer
- HTML5, CSS
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- GNU GCC, automake, Scons
- git, svn, hg, cvs
- Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla
- GNU EABI Toolchains
- Mentor Graphics Sourcery Tools
- uClibc, newlib
- Android NDK
- ARM ADS
- eSim RAPID
- Lauterbach Trace32 JTAG debugger
- X86/ARM optimization
- Performance profiling
- Nucleus OS
Internet / Intranet technologies
- WWW, Proxy servers, LAMP, node/npm
- SNMP, service monitoring
- SMPT, Mail gateways
- SIP, RTP, RTSP, RTMP
Computation, Computer science, Functional calculus
- Functional: Lambda calculus, Currying, Closures, Continuations, Tail recursion - that's my belief
- DSL, AOP, STM
- HOF's: apply, filter, map, reduce, fold and zip
- Homoiconicity, Reflection
- Declarative and Literate programming
- LISP, Scheme
Office and productivity applications:
\LaTeX, MS Office, Open Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint, Google Docs
Agile/XP, Classic WF model, basic RUP
C.T.Co, Riga, Latvia (2012 - now)
- Apple iOS applications development for the enterprise customers.
- Xamarin C#, ObjC.
Independent Contractor, SSE: A&H Software House, Inc., Riga, Latvia (2010 - 2012)
I've been involved in the Video Surveillance system development.
- C++, ATL, COM.
Developed full stack of server-side application for the video delivery for Web and Mobile platforms.
- C++, boost::asio, ATL, libavcodec.
Architected and developed rich Web and Mobile client applications to access NVR server video streams via browser.
C# and WCF/WPF
- Client-side Video Surveillance system.
SSE, ISS International, Riga, Latvia (2007 - 2010)
- Unix/Linux/Networking Software development & Integration (ha network services)
- C, POSIX
- Image/Video/Audio processing application development
- C, POSIX, ffmpeg/libavcodec
- rtp/rtsp and SIP protocol implementation and integration (own sip stack)
- C, Python, PHP, ffmpeg/libavcodec
- Sun Lustre Cluster Filesytem integration & linux kernel porting.
- (detailed project information cannot be disclosed)
Senior Software Engineer: Flextronics Design Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine (2004 - 2007)
- Developed applications for embedded platforms: TI OMAP310, Intel XSCALE PXA800F, CEVA TeakLite.
- Designed interface and system components for an embedded operating system for mobile devices. Full stack of development tools and libraries for developing MMI applications for different embedded devices. Porting the system onto Intel Manitoba XScale-based hardware platform. On-site support and integration.
- Participated in the development and support of a cross-platform build system and in project integration.
- DECT 6.0 cordless phone. Caller ID core logic development and customization - FSK, Bellcore and DTMF standards.
- Reference design for EDCT cordless device named “USB Dongle”, which serves as the main integration point for EDCT cordless network and PC internet applications: MSN Messenger, Skype, Yahoo Messeger.
- Make U-Boot work with BSP Code. Port MARVELL Network Packet Processor BSP Code (4,500 files) from VxWorks to compile with U-Boot.
- Provided client support to companies in Israel and South Korea.
Senior Software Engineer: Malva Closed Joint-Stock Company, Kiev, Ukraine (2004)
- Developed Windows NT/Unix cross-platform applications
- Philips Mifare Smart Card protocol implementation and auth infrastructure
- (project information cannot be disclosed)
Lead Programmer: Cresotech Inc., Dublin, Ireland - Kiev, Ukraine (2000-2003)
- Developed multimedia applications for the PC/Windows platform.
- Developed multimedia applications for the Pocket PC/Windows CE platform.
- Developed network applications and Microsoft SMB network access tools for Pocket PC devices.
- Implemented a protection system for the Pocket PC platform.
- Developed business solutions for the Pocket PC / Windows CE platform
- bar code scanners,
- network access for mobile devices,
- fax services for portable devices.
- Ported DOS/Win32 applications to the Pocket PC platform.
- Conducted analytical research in the mobile device market
- software and hardware,
- development tools and technologies,
- porting methods.
- Participated in web-projects as a programmer.
- Specialist: Information Technologies in Economics (five-year degree, 1999)
- Bachelor: Economics (four-year degree, 1998)
- Russian - native
- English - strong communication skills, computer-related technical lexic