Workshop #1 "The Story Hunt" 23.05.2017
- What is the Story Hunt?
- Introduction to Data-Driven Journalism by Simon Jockers
- Visualisation Gallery
- Intro to github
- Next steps
How to run a "Visualisation Gallery"
- The viz gallery is a great way to get familiar with different forms of visualisations from a user perspective. This is how you can set up your own viz gallery:
- step 1: split up in small groups and try to answer these questions by looking at the different types of visualisation
- What’s the message?
- Who is it for?
- What’s the evidence or data contained?
- step 2: Discuss the visualisation: Which ones were the most effective? Why? & Which ones were the least effective? Why?
- step 3: collect the main aspects mentioned by the group
Visualisations we used:
- Iraw War Logs
- Brookes slave ship
- Open Spending
- Flow towards Europe
- Amount of people requiered to transport people