The Data Journalism Handbook
This repository contains the source files for the Data Journalism Handbook. The handbook was started at Mozilla Festival 2011 as a collaboration between over 70 experts, coordinated by the European Journalism Center and the Open Knowledge Foundation.
How to build the DDJBook
- Install Python libraries "lxml" and "jinja2", possibly into a virtualenv
- Install Jekyll
- Checkout the repo on "master"
- Convert the book to docbook, e.g. asciidoc --backend docbook book.asc
- Run "python jekyllify.py" to convert the outcoming book HTML into a Jekyll site
- Go into the "web" directory
- Run "jekyll" (or "jekyll --auto --server" during development)
This will generate the new site, based on the templates in web/_layouts/default.html