Save copies of snapchat stories from response captures of /loq/all_updates and /bq/stories
Instructions for use
npm installin the repository's folder
- Place a JSON dump of Snapchat's response from /loq/all_updates or /bq/stories in the folder, named
cap.json. Make sure to remove any HTTP headers from the file.
Or if you're feeling adventurous...
You can now automatically capture responses using a mitmproxy script, as long as you have mitmproxy and your iOS device configured correctly:
- Set your iOS device to manual proxy, pointing towards your computer at mitmproxy's port (default 8080)
sh mitm.shin the repository's folder
- Putter around in Snapchat, dragging lists down to refresh, until the script says that it's done.
- There is no step 4.
- Automatically discards ads
- Doesn't overwrite previously-downloaded stories
- Does all the decryption for you
- Can't automatically login for you
- Snapchat made their API quite intruder-proof after the Snappening.
- There's an unused function in the main file that's my failed attempt at login code. Feel free to try to improve it and submit a pull request.
- With login functionality, the code could run automatically as a cron job!
- Can't make your coffee