Node PostgreSQL To Do Example Application
Clone the repository by running:
git clone https://github.com/oktadeveloper/okta-node-postgres-todo-example.git
Restore the NPM packages:
Create the Item Table
- Using your Postgres query tool of choice, connect to your Postgres developer server
- Create a new database named
todolist(or use an existing development database)
- Create the
Itemtable in the database using the following command
CREATE TABLE Item ( id serial primary key , title varchar(100) , description text , isComplete boolean );
- Copy the included
- Update the configuration in this file to match your environment, such as your Postgres database connection
- Sign up for a free Okta developer account
- Create a new Web application in the Okta Developer Dashboard
- Change the port for the Base and redirect URIs to use
3000(e.g. Login redirect URI
- Update the Okta configuration settings in the
.envfile with your Okta application's Client Id, Client secret, and Okta Org Url (e.g.
Run the Application
Then run the application from within the root folder with:
Please pose any questions about the blog post in the comments section of the blog post page.
Any questions about Okta in particular can be posted on the Okta Developer Forum.