- Java JDK 1.5
- Android SDK Package http://developer.android.com
- Apache ANT
- Eclipse (Great for debugging and extending PhoneGap/Android with your own Java plugins.)
Getting Started with PhoneGap/Android
- From the root of this repo run the following command to generate a new PhoneGap/Android app:
./droidgap [android_sdk_path] [name] [package_name] [www] [path] android_sdk_path ... The path to your Android SDK install. name ............... The name of your application. package_name ....... The name of your package (For example: com.nitobi.demo) www ................ The path to your www folder. (Wherein your HTML, CSS and JS app is.) path ............... The path to generate the application.
Importing a PhoneGap/Android app into Eclipse
- File > New > Project...
- Android > Android Project
- Create project from existing source (point to the generated app). This should import the project into Eclipse. Almost done!
- Right click on libs/phonegap.jar and add to build path.
- Right click on the project root: Run as > Run Configurations
- Click on the Target tab and select Manual (this way you can choose the emulator or device to build to).