This is for Python version 3.7.
Created by Nate Revello 2019 Jan 18
This takes the curl output of the Meraki API network list and re-formats it to a CSV file that's easier to read as a human.
Meraki API Docs:
- API Docs: https://dashboard.meraki.com/api_docs
- To get your org id; go to the API Docs link above > Organizations > List the organizations that the user has privileges on.
- To see the specific entry on the curl command for the Network list; go to the API Docs link above > network > List the networks in an organization.
Example Curl Command:
Here's an example of the curl command for a windows machine (Fill out your org ID and API key):
- curl -L -H "X-Cisco-Meraki-API-Key: your-api-key-here" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X GET "https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/organizations/your-org-id-here/networks"
- **Note: the double quotes for a windows box. Use single quotes for a linux box.
To run this script on a windows box:
- Save the Network List curl output to a file named "Network list.txt" in the same directory as the script. The output will be a single line.
- Open a CMD prompt.
- cd to the directory of the script.
- Verify the curl output is saved as "Network list.txt"
- Run 'py MerakiNetworkIDReformatScript.py' in the cmd prompt.
After the script runs, you'll have a csv file created in the same directory as the script. It can then be opened in your spreadsheet software.