Clone this wiki locally
Little Rook Chess
Little Rook Chess is available as an example file with U8glib. This page will describe details of the chess engine and implementation for the Arduino Environment.
- A chess game with a nice user interface
- Should run on a Arduino Uno Board
- Use a graphical LCD as user interface
A surprisingly high amount of time was spent on the design of the board and the chess pieces. The big challenge has been the monochrome display with only 64x64 pixel size for the board. Please let me know if there is any better idea for the design.
Important rules like
- castling and
- en passant
are supported. Current limitations are
- no minor pawn conversion (pawn is always converted to queen),
- no detection of threefold repetition and
- no implementation of the fifty move rule.
The game engine is very simple:
- Min/Max search algorithm
- Material based evaluation with some position weight
- Only valid moves are allowd
- Some "undo" is possible
Pictures below are created with the dogm128 library. Little Rook Chess has been taken over from dogm128 library.
Little Rook Chess with the DOGM128 Shield
Little Rook Chess with the DOGS102 Shield