Marauder's map helps students see where other students are on Olin's campus.
This is the start of an attempt to modernize The Marauder's Map @ Olin, an application written between 2008 and 2010 by Andrew Barry and Ben Fischer. It used wxPython, PHP, and MySQL.
This repository is for server development. For client development, see [https://github.com/ohack/maraudersmap-client/](Marauder's Map Client Repository).
About the UI
In addressing some of the issues of the previous version of Marauder's Map @ Olin, we will strive for
- Code will be legibile and commented (using the Sphinx .rst markup syntax)
- Code will have tests to document its status
- The actual project will be documented in a way such that it can be extended, replicated, and/or restarted relatively easily
- Standards and standard libraries will be leveraged where available, i.e. JSON for communication general good practices
- Made open and involve as many students as possible; perhaps it can be leveraged in future applications?
When first running locally, do:
sudo pip install virtualenv sudo virtualenv venv --distribute source venv/bin/activate sudo pip install -r requirements.txt
Then every time locally running: