Grove City College Student Government Association Book Exchange
Version 3 of the Book Exchange takes selling, searching, and exploring books to a whole new level. This release is a complete rewrite and redesign to the older version 2 of the Exchange. It features a minimalist design and interactive experience designed to immerse the user in a simple, creative software experience designed to work as quickly as they do.
- Click on the Releases tab above
- Download the latest installation package, currently
- Extract the
- Move the folder and its contents to
<your WordPress installation>/wp-content/plugins/
- Log into your WordPress Management panel with Administrator privileges
- Once logged in, click on "Plugins" on the navigation panel to go to the list of available Wordpress plugins
- Locate the
Book Exchangeplugin and click "Activate"
- Click on "Book Exchange" > "API Management" on the navigation panel and follow the directions on that page
- Click on "Book Exchange" > "Settings" on the navigation panel and follow the directions on that page
- Click on "Settings" > "Permalinks" on the navigation panel
- Under the "Common Settings" section, select the "Post name" option. This will configure WordPress to use the name of blog post titles in the link to each of the blog entries published on the site.
- Click on "Save Changes"
- The Book Exchange can be accessed via:
http://<your WordPress site>.com/book-exchange
Optional Steps, to Add a Link to the Plugin on the Navigation Bar
- Click on "Pages" on the navigation panel
- Add a new page and give it a title which can be used to access the Book Exchange on your site's navigation bar, such as "Book Exchange" or "Sell Books"
- Click the "Edit" button under the page title text input
- Enter "book-exchange" in the text input, and select "OK". It is not necessary to add any content to the page, since the plugin will replace the contents of the page with the Book Exchange home page.
- Click "Publish"
- The Book Exchange will now appear as a link on your site's navigation bar
- WordPress 3.5 or above
- PHP 5.3 or above
- MySQL 5.1 or above
- Apache 2 or above
Copyright © 2013 and Onwards, ForwardFour Innovations
Released under the MIT license. Link backs and credits would be appreciated.
Designed and developed by Oliver Spryn: firstname.lastname@example.org