Migrate mp3 tracks stored on disk to Spotify. It does this by parsing the file name, searching the Spotify database and then adding them to a unique playlist.
This is different to playing local mp3 files through the client which is what appears in most search results on this subject!!
I wanted to find the Spotify tracks because:
- It allows the tracks to be accessible on all devices
- Clears up my hard disk space
- Gives the ability to share tracks and playlists
- Have all the album artwork and meta data all set and good in the client
It also appears playing local files is quite a hidden feature so I wouldn't be surprised if support for this is eventually dropped.
- Register a new app through Spotify's developer dashboard.
- Add the redirect URI
http://localhost:3000/callbackin the app settings.
cp .env.example .envand fill in your app id and secret.
- Ensure Go 1.13 is installed.
go run main.go path/to/music