hoggorm is a Python package for explorative multivariate statistics in Python. It contains
- PCA (principal component analysis)
- PCR (principal component regression)
- PLSR (partial least squares regression)
- PLSR1 for single variable responses
- PLSR2 for multivariate responses
- matrix corrlation coefficients RV, RV2 and SMI.
Unlike scikit-learn, whis is an excellent python machine learning package focusing on classification and predicition, hoggorm rather aims at understanding and interpretation of the variance in the data. hoggorm also also contains tools for prediction.
Make sure that Python 3.5 or higher is installed. A convenient way to install Python and many useful packages for scientific computing is to use the Anaconda distribution.
Install hoggorm easily from the command line from the PyPI - the Python Packaging Index.
pip install hoggorm