Install Binary (Easier)
- Manuskript Download
- Alternate Manuskript Download
- TIP: Install pandoc for more export document formats such as ePub, OpenDocument (LibreOffice), and DocX (MS Word).
Install Source Code (More Work, Runs on More OS Platforms)
- Run Manuskript from Source Code on Linux
- Run Manuskript from Source Code on Windows
- Run Manuskript from Source Code on Mac OS X
- Using Manuskript to Write a Fiction Novel
- How to start a new project
- Import and Export capabilities
- Fullscreen mode
- How to keep track of important items
- Adding a Spellcheck Language Dictionary
- Documentation Snippets - Split Scenes
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- See a list of answered questions in the issues tracker
The goal of Manuskript is to ease the task of writing large projects by providing facilities to stay organized and track details, while also keeping distractions to a minimum.
To maximize flexibility an open and plain text file format is used enabling collaboration with third-party tools.
- All code changes and Pull Requests should be based on the develop branch.
--consoleas last option on command line to use IPython Jupyter QT Console as a debugging aid.
- Translate Manuskript in a new language, or update existing translation
Packaging (for release package file)
- Package Manuskript for Linux with dpkg --> .deb
- Package Manuskript for Linux with rpm --> .rpm
- Package Manuskript for Linux with PyInstaller (Notes for linux packagers: removable files)
- Package Manuskript for Windows with PyInstaller
- Package Manuskript for OS X with PyInstaller
- Bundle manuskript for OS X with Platypus
- Package Manuskript for Linux with Stdeb - NOTE: Does Not Work
- [Packaging]-Generate-Windows-binaries-with-pyInstaller-(HowTo) - NOTE: Older HowTo
- Creating manuskript binary for Android and IOS - Help Wanted