A flexible multi-touch toolkit http://boing.readthedocs.org
Boing is a toolkit designed to support the development of gesture enabled applications.
It enables to create pipelines for connecting different input sources to multiple target destinations (e.g. applications, logs, etc.) and eventually process the data before being dispatched. It provides nodes to:
- read and decode input sources (TUIO, OSC, JSON);
- encode and forward input events (TUIO, OSC, JSON);
- record and replay the data flow;
- process gesture data (calibration, smoothing filtering, etc.);
- debug and get statistics of the data flow.
Boing does not impose a specific data model; instead it exploits a query path language (similar to JSONPath) for accessing the requested data, so that it can fit a wider range of application domains.
Boing is licensed under the GNU GPLv2 license and it is being developed by Paolo Olivo and Nicolas Roussel.
Installation, Documentation, Examples
Installation instructions, tutorials and general documentation, including an API reference can be found at:
If you need assistance, you can ask for help on the mailing list: