DbBackup PHP Class
A PHP class to make backups of MySQL databases.
- mysqldump program on server.
- bzip2 or gzip programs on server to use compression.
The following are possible additions for the future.
- Possibility to select how many files to save.
- Possibility to have dump emailed as well.
- Possibility to have dump sent via ftp.
- Possibility to dump several databases.
- Possibility to dump specific db tables.
- Configurable mysqldump options.
- Possibly add feature to dump without mysqldump.
- Dump as CSV file.
Edit the file and change the parameters to the DbBackup constructor:
$backup = new DbBackup("dbuser", "dbpassword", "dbname", 'secret', "/server/path/to/backups", "localhost", "email@example.com", DbBackup::COMPRESS_BZIP);
Upload the script to your web account.
Point your browser to the URL of the script, with your password as a parameter:
If you want the backup file to be compressed, use either DbBackup::COMPRESS_BZIP for bzip2 compression, or DbBackup::COMPRESS_GZIP for gzip compression. Otherwise the dump file will be saved in plain text.