WORK IN PROGRESS
(!) To clone
Large files are stored with Git Large Files Storage. To download all the data and the model output files, install git lfs (https://git-lfs.github.com).
Electric power sector
There will be two main versions of the sector:
- capacity expansion (with focus on long-term planning)
- balancing version (with focus on sub-annual and balancing for demand and supply).
By now, here is the data webscraping/processing file
Renewables balancing model
The first draft of renewables balancing model here - check USA_ELC_BAL_R49.Rmd and/or the "knitted" pdf with the same name. The model includes three generating technologies (solar, on- and ofshore wind farms), two storage technologies (intraday and interday), and several versions of interregional grid.
Solved scenarios are saved in the scenarios/ directory.
- scen_RENBAL0.RData - no grid, no interregional dispatch
- scen_RENBAL1.RData - simplified, open trade routes between neighbour regions with upper limit, losses and costs
- scen_RENBAL2.RData - same with added UHV electricity, rectifier and inverter stations.
Some visualisations of earlier scenarios with the model can be found here:
Standard capacity expansion model