I am a highly driven software engineer with a desire to expand my existing skill set in web development and embrace new opportunities. I have experience with a variety of languages and frameworks enabling me to produce modern applications in line with SOLID principles, design patterns and best practices. Self organised and a strong team worker I am able to adapt to new environments quickly and effectively.
- Testing: RSpec, ExUnit, Jasmine, Capybara, Jest.
- Web: Version control with GitHub, Continuous integration with TeamCity, Heroku, API integration (Spotify, Guardian API, Wunderground, Yelp API, Cloudinary). Design and implementation of several micro-services.
- Practices: XP-values and practices, SOLID Principles, Test Driven Development, Agile methodology.
- I have implemented different applications for digital treatment of images and sound that helped me to learn programming in different languages such as C/C++, MATLAB, Python and Java. I also gained a greater understanding of the mathematical methods for signal processing.
- Understanding of codecs H.264.
- H.264 file parsing for extraction of statistics for the accommodation of the bit stream video watermarking system. (Done in C++).
- Understanding of multi-platform delivery technologies (mobile, desktop, OTT devices).
- Development of two Plugins (SeamCarving and Denoising) for the TuttleOFX library and tested in the compositing software Nuke.
- I have worked in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams that gave me good communicational skills, being able to travel often and use 3 languages on a daily basis.
- Not afraid of failure: For the last 16 weeks I have been exposed to completely new topics, challenges and situations that can be overwhelming. I know how to learn from failure and I I trust my abilities to cope and adapt.
- Independent and quick learner: I am a passionate learner and enjoy reading and discovering multiple areas (not just coding), such as painting (I've painted more than 15 pictures using different techniques), music (I can play more than 8 instruments and still have no idea how to read music), languages (I learned the basics of french on my own before taking the adventure of moving to France looking for new career opportunities).
Dalet Digital Media Systems - IT & Broadcasting Support Engineer - (Oct 2013 - Mar 2016, Paris - France) _ Provide support for critical architectures, such as ingest, editing, asset management, playout using Dalet products. _ Handling actively the entire issue resolution process as a Customer advocate. _ Act as interface between the customers administrators and internal Dalet departments (escalate when needed to the R&D, Product Management, etc.). _ Reporting the current issues status during weekly reviews with customers. _ Troubleshooting, log analysis, onsite upgrades and reviews. _ Some of the cusomers I worked with: C+, France Television, L'Equipe, Antena 3, Telefonica, BBC.
Technicolor R&D - M. Sc Trainee - (Mar 2013 - Sep 2013, Rennes - France) * Video Watermarking for Adaptive Streaming. Due to the success and the noble solutions implemented in the above project, we filed for a patent and a conference publication has been done on ICASSP 2014 (Paris). Link to paper
University of Valenciennes et du Hainaut Cambrésis, Valenciennes - France, 2011 - 2013
- M. Sc in Engineering of Systems, Images and Sound
University of Alicante, Alicante - Spain, 2004 - 2008
- B.Sc.Eng. in Telecomunications, specialized in Sound and Image
Makers Academy, Mar 2016 - present
- High-intensity 12 week web development course.
- Main focus on test-driven development, pair programming, agile, and Object-Oriented design
- For more information about some projects, please visit this portfolio.
Embedded Systems: Shape the world, 2015
EdX and The University of Texas Systems. Certificate
Programming with C
EdX and Microsoft. Certificate
Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python
EdX and MITx. Certificate
- Spanish: Native
- French: Fluent
- English: Fluent