Changes for June 2011
The list of the key changes for the June 2011 major release of the ome-xml data model. This schema release will tie in with the OMERO 4.3 release.
The new major release of the schema has a new namespace and all version numbers are reset to 1. As a major release, any file that validated correctly using the last major release will probably not validate correctly using this new release. Some files that failed to validate before will now be valid. It is important to update any file readers and writers to understand the changes.
The version number of all schema files is now 1.
This schema uses the new namespace:
For the OME schema
and the schema file is located at
Overview of changes
Pathhave been DEPRECATED.
- ROI font enumerations have been updated.
- Metadata-Only Companion OME-XML and Binary-Only OME-TIFF files have been created.
Creatorattribute has been added for OME-XML and OME-TIFF.
- The OTF (Optical Transfer Function) has been DEPRECATED.
Pathhave been DEPRECATED as they are due to be replaced in the next major release, to provide support for 3-dimensional objects.
FontFamilyhas been changed so it matches the standard HTML/CSS values.
FontStylehas been changed so it better matches standard HTML/CSS.
- The OME node has been modified to allow creation of the Metadata-Only Companion OME-XML and Binary-Only OME-TIFF files.
- The OME node
Creatorattribute can now contain the name and version of the creating application.
- The physical size of a pixel is now restricted to a positive value.
MicrobeamManipulationcan now have a
- OTF (Optical Transfer Function) has been DEPRECATED and is due for removal in the next major release.