Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is the third official release of OpenOMF, and is meant to be a preview of v0.7 release. Note that this release should still be considered alpha quality. Most of the stuff is somewhat or very buggy :)
- Gamepad support
- Single player campaign
- More HAR moves and fixes
- AI (still pretty simple)
- Other small fixes and corrections
- You can take screenshots by pressing F1.
- For hosting network games, you need to open up an UDP port. By default the port is 2097, but it can be changed in config file.
- If you find a bug and don't tell us about it at our bug tracker (https://github.com/omf2097/openomf/issues), hungry kittens will eat your candy.
- Config file and logfile can be found in "%APPDATA%/AnanasGroup/openomf/" (windows) or "~/.local/AnanasGroup/openomf" (linux).
You will need to fetch OMF2097 game resources from http://www.omf2097.com/pub/files/omf/omf2097.rar and put them somewhere where OpenOMF can find them. Note: you may remove all .EXE, *.DOC, *.TXT, *.MUS, *.PCX, SETUP., and OMF.* files, as well as MASTER.DAT.
- On windows, extract the resources to "resources/" subdirectory.
- On linux systems (if you use .deb packages), extract the resources to "/usr/share/openomf" directory.
- Note that on self compiled packages on linux systems, the resources should be in "../share/openomf". So if your binary is in "/usr/local/bin/", then your resources should be "/usr/local/share/openomf/"
- There will be no MacOSX package, unless somebody shows up on our IRC channel to complain about it :/
- Our DEB packages are very experimental, and may not always work perfectly. They have only been tested to work on Debian Sid. The package name is currently "openomf-binaries", but it may change in the future.