Launching Sketch Toolbox from inside Sketch
I've been making use of Sketch a lot lately. One of the coolest features of Sketch is it's plugin support.
I'm using a tool called Sketch Toolbox to manage plugins in Sketch -- this functions a lot like Package Control for Sublime Text, but it's a stand-alone application.
To get a smoother connection between Sketch and Sketch Toolbox, I've come up with the following technique.
1. Create an Automator Service to launch Sketch Toolbox from inside Sketch
- Open Automator
- Create a new 'Service'
- In the 'Library', select 'Launch Application' and drag it to the right
- Set 'Service receives' to 'no input'
- Set 'in' to 'Sketch.app'
- Set 'Launch Application' to 'Sketch Toolbox'
- Save this service as 'Sketch Toolbox'
2. Create an application keyboard shortcut for Sketch to trigger the service
- Open 'Keyboard' in 'System Preferences'
- Select the 'Shortcuts' tab
- Add a new 'App Shortcut'
- Set 'Application' to 'Sketch'
- Enter the name you used for your service in 'Menu Title' (e.g. 'Sketch Toolbox')
- Set the keyboard shortcut you would like, I used
Now if you go to Sketch, and press the keyboard shortcut you configured, Sketch Toolbox will launch.