What is GROOT?
GROOT is a virtual assistant which generally functions for voice recognition.
What GROOT can do?
A virtual assistant basically functions to recognize voice of a person and then implement it. Functions of GROOT are-
- It can play video on youtube on your voice command. Play video name on youtube
- It can Open any URL. (No need to include www)
How to Contribute to GROOT?
To contribute to GROOT,
Go to the following repository
Feel free to open an issue or recommend any changes which you want to see in the website. Adhere to the guidelines mentioned below if you want to contribute.
- Make sure your PR contains one logical change only!
- In case there are multiple commits in your PR squash them into one. Ref :
- Make sure you update your REMOTE ORIGIN in case you have forked this repo :
- Once you update the forked repo make sure you rebase the changes and then open the PR.
- Ref: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7244321/how-do-i-update-a-github-forked-repository
- Upload Screenshot(s) or provide a link to working demo of the website while making a PR.
Clone the repository. Then, follow the installation steps to talk GROOT.
How to run GROOT?
The source code of GROOT is written in python.
Create a Virtual Environment(python --version 3.6 required)
virtualenv -p python3.6 VENV_NAME
Activate the venv
For linux users
sudo apt-get install python3.6-dev python3.6-tk
pip install -r requirements/requirements[mac/linux/win]
- Basic GUI
- Voice commands
- Text commands
- Rethinking GUI
- Playing Songs on YouTube with voice commands
- Opening URLs in Browser
- Presenting answers to questions
- LIVE weather
- Add more
- Adding "Always listening feature"
- Changing Brightness and Redness on command
Enjoy talking GROOT