Clone this wiki locally
Tutorials / Blog Posts
- Detailed Tutorial for Rails 3 + Mongoid + Omniauth by Daniel Kehoe
- Separating Authentication and Identity with OmniAuth - Tutorial about integrating OmniAuth with Rails in a robust manner.
- OmniAuth: Flexible, Unassuming Authentication - Announcement post, covers some philosophy behind OmniAuth and brief tech intro.
- Railscasts: OmniAuth Screencast Part 1 and Part 2 - A two-part video walkthrough of installing, configuring and using OmniAuth in existing Rails application.
- Railscasts: Simple OmniAuth Screencast - A follow up screencast in the Railscasts series that demonstrates a simpler approach to using OmniAuth
- An OmniAuth Provider for Everything Else - Great workup of how to write additional providers for OmniAuth.
- Writing acceptance tests for OmniAuth - A blog post with a tutorial explaining how to write an acceptance test for OmniAuth, including how to stub the Provider responses.
- Easy Rails OAuth integration testing with OmniAuth - A blog post detailing how to test authentication workflow with Capybara
- Dynamically Requesting Facebook Permissions with OmniAuth - Detailed explanation on dynamically setting Facebook permissions within the Setup Phase
- Using multiple omniauth providers with omniauth-identity on the main user model - Blog post by Stefano Bernardi
- Writing a Non-Gemified Strategy for Omniauth - Blog post by Lance Gleason of Polyglot Programming LLC.
- Completely Logout from Facebook
- Using Omniauth with 2-Deep Wildcard Routes
- Example app using Rails 3 + Mongoid + Omniauth by Daniel Kehoe
- Sinatra - A simple authentication example in Sinatra.
- Example Omniauth Provider and Client including devise
- Example Rails 3.2 + OmniAuth app, configured to work out-of-box with Facebook, GitHub, Twitter, Tumblr, Google, YouTube, Vimeo and more.
Related Projects integrating OmniAuth
- Socialite is a Rails Engine that adds support for managing authentications from multiple OmniAuth providers. It closely mirrors the recommended setup here on the OmniAuth Wiki.