OmniSciDB, formerly MapD Core, is an open source SQL-based, relational, columnar database engine powered by OmniSci.
In this wiki you will find documentation, resources and updates for developers working with (or contributing to) the OmniSciDB project.
OmniSciDB is an open-source, GPU-accelerated database that is the foundation of the OmniSci platform.
Brief Explanation of Architecture:
Omnisci provides a comprehensive platform for data analysis.
- OmniSciDB: an open-source SQL engine. This project does not require a license, and does not include OmniSci Immerse or Rendering.
- OmniSci Render: server-side rendering. This functionality is only available in the licensed product.
- OmniSci Immerse: web-based data visualization. This functionality is only available in the licensed product.
For a complete and detailed overview, please visit the OmniSci website.
Additional information about the technical architecture can be found by visiting the Architecture page.
- Install the dependencies mentioned in the Dependencies page.
- Download and Install the package.
- Read up about Usage and Configuration
- Initialize servers using a wrapper or manually
- Load sample data. Sample sets can be found in the Data Set Library.
- Perform a Sample Query
|OmniSciDB||Documentation||Setup||Community & Resources|
|Overview of OmniSciDB||Developer Friendly Technical Documentation||Step-by-step getting started documentation||Important links, community resources and updates|
Downloads and Installation Instructions
Additional information on set up can be found by visiting the Setup page.
Pre-built binaries for Linux for stable releases of the project:
|Distro||Package type||CPU/GPU||Download Link||Installation Guide|
|Ubuntu||DEB||CPU||deb https://releases.omnisci.com/os/apt/ stable cpu||https://www.omnisci.com/docs/latest/4_ubuntu-apt-cpu-os-recipe.html|
|Ubuntu||DEB||GPU||deb https://releases.omnisci.com/os/apt/ stable cuda||https://www.omnisci.com/docs/latest/4_ubuntu-apt-gpu-os-recipe.html|
Developers are encouraged to contribute to this open source project. Check out the Contributing page to learn more.
If you have questions and would like to connect with the maintainers of this open source project, please visit the official online forum and community.
Copyright & License
This project is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
The repository includes a number of third party packages provided under separate licenses. Details about these packages and their respective licenses is at ThirdParty/licenses/index.md.