Zetaback ZFS backup and recovery management system
Zetaback is a thin-agent based ZFS backup tool. It is designed to:
- run from a central host
- scan clients for new ZFS filesystems
- manage varying desired backup intervals (per host) for
- full backups
- incremental backups
- maintain varying retention policies (per host)
- summarize existing backups
- restore any host:fs backup at any point in time to any target host
- Backup host with a '''LOT''' of disk space.
- SSH in place where a user on the backup server can perform a password-less remote login to the clients (using ssh keys) and execute the agent script as root.
- Perl 5 on client and server.
- ZFS tools installed on client.
- Download the code from git:
git clone git://labs.omniti.com/zetaback.git cd zetaback ./autogen.sh ./configure make make install