The primary goal of the Highcharts Serverside Export framework (HSE) is to provide a java API for Highcharts including image generation capabilities.
Solution features :
- Java API corresponding to Highcharts model (kept compatible with Highcharts model hierarchy and properties),
- Rhino-Apache Batik based renderer : java ChartOptions ==> Rhino ==> Highcharts ==> SVG ==> image (png, JPEG, etc...),
You can use the framework to generate in java an image file out of a Highcharts chart.
- Here, you generate a java chartOptions (same hierarchy, same properties), which is converted in image stream (using Rhino, Highcharts and Batik)
To start to use it, you need to know Highcharts API.
- See embeded java doc (./doc)
- See Rhino
export directory You can choose the export directory by changing the java line :
- windows : File exportDirectory = new File ("D:\");
- linux : File exportDirectory = new File ("/home/myself/export-dir");
SimpleExample shows several cases of charts export :
- from 'java' chartOptions (column-basic) to png file,
- from 'java' chartOptions (pie-chart) to png file,
- from 'java' chartOptions (time-data-with-irregular-intervals) to jpeg file,
- from 'json' chartOptions (column-basic) to png file,
- from 'java' chartOptions (column-basic) to json chartOptions (as a String).
Please note that following trace do not mean a mistake : log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.one2team.highcharts.server.export.util.SVGHighchartsHelper). log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly. ERROR: The JPEG quality has not been specified. Use the default one: no compression
SamplesFactory contains three methods that generate equivalent of Highcharts demo gallery examples :
- SamplesFactory.createColumnBasic : Basic column
- SamplesFactory.createPieChart : Pie chart
- SamplesFactory.createTimeDataWithIrregularIntervals : Time data with irregular intervals
jars All the dependencies files are provided in ./lib/
Eclipse : The framework is eclipse ready.
- open the project in eclipse,
- run SimpleExport
- open the project in your favorite IDE,
- declare all the ./lib jars as dependencies in your project,
- run SimpleExport
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this work except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License in the LICENSE file, or at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.