#Xcode is a great IDE, however it is not great at C++ editing
It provides only very barebones syntax highlighting, even more barebones code completion, and no edit-time error checking.
Cinder is a great library, but it's very vast - Without code-completion I was very lost/ nearly all the time poking through the header files and opening the .cpp files in other editors so I could learn it more thouroughly.
(Re)-Enter EclipseIDE for C++
This project is presented as is for anyone else who would like to use a C++ editor on osx that is actually aware of your classes.
From what I've used it so far, it is much better - but compile times are a little slower, however the time you save while editing is well worth it imo.
- Download this project
- Import into eclipse workspace (select import existing project in the 'general' drop down)
- In terminal browse to directory where you downloaded the project
- enter: "ln -s abc123 CINDER_PATH_LINK"
- Where abc123 is the absolute path where you placed cinder
- After hitting, apply/ok and closing that window select Project->Build All and project should build successfully.