Lightweight, Modal Code Editor
Oni 2 is a reimagination of the Oni editor. Oni 2 aims to bring the speed of Sublime, the language integration of VSCode, and the modal editing experience of (neo)vim together, in a single package.
- Modern UX - an experience on par with modern code editors like VSCode and Atom
- VSCode Plugin Support - use all of the features of VSCode plugins, including language servers and debuggers
- Cross-Platform - works on Windows, OSX, and Linux
- Batteries Included - works out of the box
- Performance - no compromises: native performance, minimal input latency
- Ease Learning Curve - Oni 2 should be comfortable for non-vimmers, too!
The goal of this project is to build an editor that doesn't exist today - the speed of a native code editor like Sublime, the power of modal editing, and the rich tooling that comes with a lighweight editor like VSCode.
- VimL compatibility - we may not support all features of VimL plugins / configuration.
Build the front-end
git clone https://github.com/onivim/oni2
Build the textmate service
npm run build
esy '@bench' install
esy '@bench' build
esy '@bench' x oni-bench
Onivim 2 is currently licensed under the CC-BY-NC-4.0 license.
This means that Onivim 2 is free to use for non-commercial or educational uses.
NOTE: We're reviewing our license terms with a lawyer, so they may change slightly (it turns out the CC-BY-NC-4.0 isn't the perfect fit for software - we might need a more official EULA).
For commercial use licenses, we're still working through the details - but once Onivim 2 has reached "MVP" (target - end of May), we'll transition from crowdfunding to selling commercial licenses. Our current planned price point is $10/month.
However, until that time, we're offering anyone who donates to the project - any dollar amount - an individual, perpetual-use commercial license. We don't want early adopters to have to pay again, ever, as we launch Onivim 2 - we truly appreciate the support as we transition to a commercial offering, and we know it's a leap of faith to back an early-stage project!
More information about this decision in this Reddit Thread: Question About Oni 2 License.
You can donate to the project through one of these avenues:
Several dependencies have their own set of license terms here: ThirdPartyLicenses.txt
Copyright 2019 Outrun Labs, LLC.